Ciaran Lavery has unveiled the video for his single ‘To Chicago,’ taken from his upcoming third album Sweet Decay, set to be released on the 13th April.
‘To Chicago’ was premiered by Billboard to coincide with the announcement of Sweet Decay, together with featuring in one of Nialler 9’s weekly pics the same week, and was included on Spotify’s New Music Friday playlist in the UK and US – racking up over 130,000 plays in only a few days.
The video for ‘To Chicago’ was directed by Kris Platt, who has previously directed the videos for Ciaran’s singles ‘Everything Is Made To Last’ and ‘Wells Tower,’ and was shot by Jamie Neish at Jamie’s family home.
Speaking about the video, Ciaran says: “What was special about this video was that it was all shot in one entire take without edits or any of that post production magic. This was something we all felt strongly about so it not only flowed but there was a sense of realism about it that could not be achieved from many angles or cuts.”
“The creative idea was that we were making a music video & letting the viewer in on this. In essence, it is a video within a video. The purpose of the characters is to represent the very real concept that on an average day you are likely to unknowingly walk into, or through so many complete stranger’s lives.”
Hailing from the village of Aghagallon, 20 miles south of Belfast, Sweet Decay is the Northern Irishman’s third long player, and is a record deep in emotional honesty, exploring the human condition in all its guises, and follows his sophomore album Let Bad In and debut album Not Nearly Dark which featured ‘Shame,’ a track that now has nearly 40 million Spotify streams.
UK and Ireland tour announced for April and May, tickets now on sale
Friday April 13th, Empire Music Hall – Belfast
Wednesday April 18th, Set Theatre – Kilkenny
Thursday April 19th, Whelans – Dublin
Friday April 20th, Monroe’s – Galway
Ciaran has also announced details of a UK and Irish tour starting on album release day – 13th April – in his native Northern Ireland. The full list of tour dates are:
· Friday 13th April – Belfast Empire Music Hall
· Wednesday 18th April – Kilkenny Set Theatre
· Thursday 19th April – Dublin Whelan’s
· Monday 23rd April – Edinburgh Voodoo Rooms
· Tuesday 24th April – Glasgow Glad Café
· Wednesday 25th April – Newcastle The Cluny 2
· Thursday 26th April – Manchester Castle Hotel
· Friday 27th April – Leeds Hyde Park Book Club
· Sunday 29th April – Liverpool Buyers Club
· Monday 30th April – Birmingham Hare & Hounds
· Tuesday 1st May – Cambridge Portland Arms
· Thursday 3rd May – London Sebright Arms
· Friday 4th May – Bristol The Crofters Rights
· Saturday 5th May – Cardiff Clwb Ifor Bach
Tickets are on sale now and available from http://ciaranlaverymusic.com/tour/